Knoxville Truck Accident Lawyers
The legal and procedural difficulties that arise in car accident cases often become even more challenging when an accident involves a tractor-trailer. For instance, numerous federal regulations can come into play. Also, quick action is needed, because trucking companies usually have the funds to immediately investigate accidents, reconstruct accidents and generally build a defense, often within hours of a crash.
The Knoxville, Tennessee, truck accident attorneys of The Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser have handled numerous 18-wheeler crashes and are fully familiar with the laws that govern truck accident cases. In addition, we are skilled and experienced in investigating accidents and in obtaining crucial information from a range of important sources:
- Black boxes. These boxes are similar to those found on commercial airlines; they record a broad range of operational information prior to a crash, including movement and location. They can be used to determine if the truck driver was speeding.
- GPS devices. GPS devices record where a truck was and when, and can be used to counter drivers’ claims regarding rest stop/rest times and other claims.
- Phone logs. They can be used to prove that a driver was distracted.
- Qualcomm devices. Qualcomm makes devices that use two-way satellite communications and geolocation for the over-the-road truck transport market.
- Drivers’ log books. These can provide information regarding driver fatigue and other issues.
- Company maintenance records and hiring records. These can contain information regarding vehicle failure and the failure to properly screen driver applicants.
We have recovered numerous high-value awards following truck accidents on I-40, I-75 and other area throughways, and can quickly respond to your legal needs following an accident. For more information, please contact our firm.
Injured In A Semitruck Wreck? Contact Experienced Knoxville Lawyers.
At The Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser, we provide free initial consultations, charge fees on a contingency fee basis, are available for evening, weekend, hospital and home visits, are conveniently located right off of I-40 near the Papermill exit, and provide free parking. To contact us, call (865) 584-1211.