Based in Knoxville, Tennessee, The Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser represents clients throughout eastern Tennessee in personal injury, Social Security Disability and workers’ compensation cases. For those seeking more information about laws covering injury and disability claims, we provide these links to various governmental and legal websites. Time is of the essence when it comes to injury and disability claims, so if you have been injured on the job or suffer from a disability that keeps you from working, contact The Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser immediately for a free consultation.
Tennessee Court And Government Resources
- The Tennessee Court System site explains the different types and levels of courts in Tennessee, and also provides current local court rules and lists programs and services.
- The Tennessee government site provides general information to Tennessee residents regarding matters such as unemployment, wage and labor laws, and workers’ compensation.
- The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development administers the state’s workers’ compensation system. The site offers information on the department’s different programs and services.
- The Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Legal Library site provides links to the rules and statutes governing workers’ compensation in Tennessee.
Federal Government Resources
- The United States Department of Labor site includes discussions of many topics covered by federal law, including pages on disability resources, workers’ compensation, and workplace safety and health.
- The federal Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs site provides specific information regarding the four major disability compensation programs offered by the federal government, including details on the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA), which governs benefits for nuclear weapons workers.
- The Department of Energy Office of Health, Safety, and Security provides rules and reports issued by the Department of Energy regarding employees’ safety.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Y-12 National Security Complex are two government sponsored facilities whose employees may be able to recover federal compensation for illnesses plus state workers’ compensation benefits.
- The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income disability programs provide assistance to people with disabilities. These two programs are different in many ways; however, the Social Security Administration administers both programs.
- The Social Security Disability benefits page provides links to specific information about benefits, such as Medicare eligibility requirements and the office’s toll-free telephone numbers.
- The Tennessee State Union page on Unions.org contains an alphabetical list of all Tennessee unions and links to each union’s contact information.
- The United Steel Workers site offers information about the benefits enjoyed by union members.
- The Atomic Trades and Labor Council represents workers at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the Y-12 National Security Complex.
- AFL-CIO provides information on America’s union movement.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resources
- The Tennessee Traffic Laws page has links to traffic laws and driving rules in Tennessee, including the online vehicle code and references to specific traffic violations.
- The United States Department of Transportation site provides general information on the department that oversees federal highway, air, railroad, and maritime and other transportation administration functions.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration site provides links to numerous Department of Transportation programs and topics, including drug and alcohol testing, enforcement penalties, and hazardous materials.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration offers information regarding enforcement and justice services pertaining to topics such as distracted driving and aggressive driving.
- Frang Munger’s Atomic City Underground
Roll Call & Reveille