Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) – Hearing Time Update
It has been since early October that I checked in on the processing times and approval rates for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claims for some hearing offices in Tennessee and Eastern Kentucky. Please remember that these statistics are only for claims pending at the hearing level or Office of Disability Adjudication and Review. The claims at a hearing office have already been through the Application and Reconsideration steps (typically 6-12 months of waiting already).
· Average processing time: 490 days (up from 444 in May)
· 43% cases approved (continuing downward)
· Average processing time: 537 days (actually down from 540 in April)
· 44% cases approved (down about 2% from previous months)
· Average processing time: 565 days! (up from 521 days in May)
· 49% approved (a huge decrease from 57% cases approved!)
· Average processing time: 399 days (up from 339 in April)!
· 60% cases approved
· Average processing time: 465 – down from 503 days!
· 46% cases approved
· Average processing time: 507 days – up from 467 days in May.
· 53% cases approved
· Average processing time: 479 days – up from 410 in April!
· 43% cases approved
The hearing office staff work hard and understand the frustrations of the claimants and representatives, but they are hamstrung by the workload and budgetary restraints.
If you need more information about a Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or SSI matter, personal injury matter (car wreck, boating accident, slip and fall, etc.), EEOICPA claim, long or short-term disability, VA disability, Railroad Retirement Board disability, or a workers compensation matter, please contact the Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser for a free case evaluation. We can be reached at (865) 584-1211 or (800) 806-4611 or through our website.